By Akilani Abdullah
The operatives of the Lagos State Task Force and an aide to Musiliu Ayinde Akinsanya, a.k.a, MC Olu-Omo, has reacted to his rumoured death.
Recall that rumours were rife on Thursday evening that National Union of Road Transport Workers boss, who was stabbed during the flag-off campaign rally of All Progressives Congress, APC, governorship candidate in Lagos Babajide Sanwo-Olu on Tuesday, has died.
However, in a clarification statement issued by Lagos Taskforce spokesperson, Taofiq Adebayo, noted that Olu-Omo is not dead as being rumoured.
“For any avoidance of doubt, members of his family could be contacted for further information.
“The Agency therefore warned miscreants and hoodlums who might want use this opportunity to foment any trouble to immediately desist as anybody caught disturbing peace of innocent members of the public would be seriously dealt with.
“Parents and guardians are hereby enjoined to be vigilant about activities of their wards as both the Lagos State Police Command and the operatives of the Lagos State Task Force are on ground patrolling,” the statement said.
Meanwhile, a close aide of the union leader also debunked the rumour saying plan had been concluded for his treatment by a specialist in the United States.
According to him, MC Oluomo was allegedly stabbed in the neck and side with a knife when the rival factions of the NURTW had clashed at the APC rally.
“He was stabbed in the neck and by the side with what they call makanje (poisoned knife). He is a citizen of the United States, so there cannot be any problem with his medical treatment abroad. In fact, he will be flown out in a few days for better medical care. Contrary to what they are saying, Baba (MC Oluomo) is not dead.” the aide said in an interview with the Punch on condition of anonymity.